ancient wisdom, modern medicine

Hair Growth Cycle

wisdom-meets-healthy-hair

Hair is an integral part of our identity, so it can be extremely confronting if it starts to lose condition, thin or fall out.

As part of the hair growth cycle, it is normal to shed 50-100 scalp hairs every day. This cycle, that takes several years to complete, has three main phases as shown in the diagram below.

First in the hair growth cycle is the growth or anagen phase when a hair is nourished through its root deep in the follicle. This can last from two to seven years. Second is the short degenerative or catagen phase when hair detaches from its nourishing blood supply causing it to stop growing and become a ‘dead’ hair, also called a club hair. And thirdly, the resting or telogen phase which lasts a few months, when detached hairs start to fall out.

Hair loss can become visible when there are too many resting hair follicles and the longer they remain resting, the greater the chance of permanent and irreversible hair loss. Fusion® Health hair products with Phytofol® have been developed to help regenerate hair follicles in this critical phase of the hair growth cycle and increase the percentage of normal, healthy hair follicles in the anagen phase.

In Chinese medicine, the growth and development of the hair depends on the health of the Kidney and Liver organ-meridian systems, with Kidney Essence (Jing) influencing the growth of the hair, and Liver Blood providing nourishment to the scalp and hair follicles.

Deficiency of either Jing or Liver Blood may have detrimental effects on the hair, leading to issues such as dryness, brittleness, premature greying, and hair loss including male and female pattern baldness (sometimes called androgenic alopecia) and alopecia (including spot or patchy baldness).

FUS019_hair_A5_6pp_brochure.indd

Phytofol® – Just the tonic for healthier hair

Fusion® Health hair products are formulated with Phytofol® – a proprietary extract of an ancient herb (Fallopia multiflora) traditionally taken to nourish Liver Blood and replenish Kidney Essence (Jing), which improves blood flow to the scalp and revitalises hair follicles. In turn, this can promote healthy hair growth, colour and condition.

Additionally, Phytofol® may reduce excess dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone that can cause  hair follicles to shrink over time, resulting in shorter and shorter growth phases, which can lead to  hair thinning and baldness in both men and women.

hair

Fusion® Health Hair Tonic is formulated with traditional Chinese herbs and our proprietary herbal extract Phytofol® to promote healthy hair growth, colour and condition, including strength, volume and lustre.

Recommended dosage
Adult: Take 2 capsules once or twice daily. Child 6-12 years: Take 1 capsule once or twice daily. An extra dose may be taken to enhance results i.e. adults may take up to 6 capsules daily and children up to 3 capsules daily. Child under 6 years: Take as professionally advised.

Results

Ingredients
Each vegetable capsule contains extracts equivalent to dry: Fallopia multiflora (Phytofol®) 1000mg, Peony 700mg, Rehmannia 500mg, Dong Quai 425mg, Cuscuta 425mg, Psoralea 425mg, Ligusticum 350mg, Licorice root 175mg

Fusion® Health Hair, Skin & Nails combines silica and the herbal extract Phytofol® with essential vitamins and minerals to nourish and condition hair, skin and nails. We recommend Fusion® Health Hair, Skin & Nails be taken as a nutritional companion to enhance the benefits of Fusion® Hair Tonic.

Recommended dosage
Adult: Take 1 tablet once daily. Child 6-12 years: Take ˝ tablet once daily. An extra dose may be taken to enhance results. Child under 6 years: Take as professionally advised.

Ingredients

Each tablet contains extract equivalent to dry: Fallopia multiflora (Phytofol®) 1000mg
Plus nutrients Silica (colloidal) 321mg equiv. Silicon 150mg, Zinc glycinate 49.1mg equiv. Zinc 15mg, Manganese glycinate 8.8mg equiv. to Manganese 2.5mg, Copper 50mcg, Selenium 50mcg, Iodine 50mcg, Vitamin C 125mg, Vitamin B5 100mg, Vitamin B6 50mg, Inositol 50mg, Vitamin E 50IU, Betacarotene 2.5mg, Vitamin B2 25mg, Coenzyme Q10 15mg, Biotin 2.5mg, Lycopene 2.5mg

If your comment is a query for specific personal health advice, please click here rather than commenting below so that we may assist you appropriately: Personal Health Advice

135 Comments

• Jorge
    Posted September 21, 2013 at 8:22 pm

I would like to try “Fusion Hair Tonic and “Fusion Hair, Skin & Nails” but I noted that improvement can be seen 2 to 4 months and I need to continue using these 2 produts. Is it safe to use for a longer period? I saw that there is Zinc glycinate and Zinc, are they the same? I noted that zinc is toxic if you use it for a longer period.

Posted September 24, 2013 at 2:16 am

Hi Jorge. Yes the Hair Tonic and the Hair, Skin & Nails are safe to take long term. The Hair, Skin & Nails contain Zinc glycinate (zinc bound to the amino acid glycine to make an organic zinc compound). Research shows that Zinc Glycinate is better utilised and tolerated than other forms of zinc, ensuring optimum absorption within your body. Follow the link for further info about mineral glycinates and how they are absorbed in the body. Zinc supplementation is fine long term, when taken within the therapeutic dose range. Fusion Health Hair, Skin & Nails provides 15mg of elemental zinc per day, which is a safe dose. The concerns around zinc refer to exceeding therapeutic doses ( > 150mg) because it can interfere with copper metabolism. Let us know how you go!

• abeer
    Posted September 24, 2013 at 7:25 am

I always had a long shinny thick hair . after a year for giving birth with my second baby. my hair starts to fall out too much my hair starts to thining I tried everything to make my hair thick like before , until I visited a health shop and she advised me to use hair tonic with hair nail and skin , or use the hair tonic with the multi vitamins . I don’t know what to choose , so what do u recommend for me?

Posted September 25, 2013 at 4:01 am

Hi Abeer. We recommend the Hair Tonic to promote healthy hair growth companioned with the Hair, Skin & Nails to provide the essential nutrients for supporting and nourishing your hair. These formulas work well together; herbs in the Hair Tonic invigorate blood and direct the nutrients in the Hair, Skin & Nails to the hair follicles, to make hair stronger and healthier. We recommend starting on the therapeutic dose of Hair Tonic 2 capsules twice daily (total 4 daily), and one Hair, Skin & Nails tablet with your breakfast. Let us know of your progress Abeer!

• Amy
    Posted September 25, 2013 at 9:13 am

Hi guys I have chronic hair loss 6+ years – a 30 year old female. There is autoimmunity through my family and all the females seem to suffer this same fate. I am working on this naturopathically hopefully with some improvement. Are there any contraindications either herbally or body-system wise for this mix?

Thanks :)

Posted September 26, 2013 at 5:59 am

Hi Amy. The Hair Tonic and Hair, Skin & Nails are quite safe to take with autoimmune conditions. Whilst our formulas are compatible with other natural products, it would be good to get a bit more information about the formulas you are currently taking, to ensure you would not be doubling up on anything. You are welcome to contact us and we will send you a comprehensive product recommendation with dosage instructions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Jorge
    Posted September 30, 2013 at 11:42 am

What is the best time to take Hair Tonic and Hair, Skin & Nails? Should be taken with or without food. Thanks.

Posted October 2, 2013 at 1:27 am

Hi Jorge, the best time to take Hair Tonic is half an hour before food, as the herbs in the formula tend to have better absorption when taken on an empty stomach. The formula will still however, be beneficial if taken with food. Hair, Skin & Nails is best to taken after food.

• Italia
    Posted October 2, 2013 at 6:16 am

I have alopecia , is it safe to take 8 hair tonic a day and 4 hair skin and nails, thanks

Posted October 3, 2013 at 12:46 am

The recommended dosage for Hair Tonic is 2 capsules twice daily and Hair, Skin & Nails is 1 tablet daily after food. An extra dose of each formula may be taken to enhance results, if you require personalised dose advice please contact us

• Jazz
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 8:02 am

Can I use this on my show dog to promote hair growth?

• Patty
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 9:39 am

I am 77 and my hair is thinning and falling out I take 120mg of zinc in tablet form to try and stop hair loss. I am on blood pressure tablets would I be able to use Fusion Hair tonic and Hair skin and nails. I have been on the zinc tablets for 3mths.

Posted October 17, 2013 at 1:41 am

Hi Jazz, you could try Hair Tonic for your dog. The dose is weight dependant; 1 capsule for dogs <15kg or twice a day for dogs weighting 15-30kg. You can open the capsules and mix divided doses with food. Please let us know how you go (good luck in the dog show!)

• biz
    Posted October 17, 2013 at 5:38 am

Hi im a 28 year old male and ive started to receed and thin out and going bald on the top u can see my scalp.so ive started to shave my head with a razor blade because im embarrassed to grow my hair back. I just bought hair tonic today do you think there is any chance of me growing my hair back ? Or is there any advice you can give me to get my hair back thank you

Posted October 17, 2013 at 5:41 am

Hi Patty, the Hair Tonic promotes healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails provides nutrients to nourish the hair – so together they are specific for thinning and falling hair. We recommend you contact us regarding taking these products with your medication.

• Barb
    Posted October 17, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I am on Bicor tabs for heart, prednisolone 5mg + meds for RA have lost a lot of hair because of this can I take small dose of fushion. Will it be safe thanks

• jamie
    Posted October 17, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Hi Mr Naturopath, i had male patern baldnes when i was 25yrs old i am 53 now . i have tried over 20 different remedies in the market , medical and natural non have worked..
    i eventualy had hair transplant , which worked well , but because i didn’t have much doner hair the doctor could only give me what was available to transplant.
    i would like to know if i use your hair tonic will it thicken it up and make it look more natural. jamie

Posted October 18, 2013 at 12:29 am

Hi Biz, thanks for your comment. It’s certainly worth a try as we do get very good feedback. We recommend Hair Tonic (2 capsule twice daily) to promote healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails (1 tablet daily after food) providing nutrients to nourish and strengthen the hair. If your receding hair is from male-pattern baldness we also recommend including Men’s Balance (2 daily) to help balance male hormones that can be associated with this typr of hair loss.

• Amanda
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 12:32 am

Hi, I’ve suffered from Androgenic Alopecia for many years. I’ve just purchased and I’m excited to try the Hair Tonic. I’m currently taking Saw Palmetto and want to stop this. What are your thoughts? I’m also using the minoxidil cream on my scalp. Many thanks.

• biz
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 1:54 am

Thank you very much. Can I just try hair tonic on its own? Instead of taking all the other tablets? Will my hair grow back with taking hair tonic only?

• biz
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 2:22 am

I also forgot to mention that im using mens regaine aswell . Can I just try hair tonic on its own will it still work?

• Jules
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 5:08 am

hi can we use this if we have IBS?

• SAM
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 7:12 am

can hair tonic work for someone who has had a hair transplant?im 33 yr female took drastic measures for hair loss around hairline last year…im still seeing new hairs come out every day but still find some hair follicles have not “sprouted” out yet..and could be caused to lack of blood supply..can hair tonic help me?

• Niki
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 7:22 am

Hi. Will this make my hair longer or does is just produce more hair. Eg make my hair thick?

• nick
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Im taking mens regaine and hair tonic is that ok to grow my hair back

• Mark
    Posted October 18, 2013 at 8:43 pm

How long should you take four tablets a day for? What should the dosage be reduced to after a period of time?

• Luke
    Posted October 19, 2013 at 4:36 pm

hi, i am a 15 year old boy, and i have been suffering from Alopecia since the age of 5. any products, tips, or anything at all to help cure it!? this would be very helpful! thank you :)

• VILMA
    Posted October 20, 2013 at 2:20 am

Hi,just wondering if i can still colour my hair while taking Hair Tonic, is there any side effects. Thank’s

Posted October 20, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Hi Barb, thank you for your comment. We recommend you contact us for personalised advice regarding your medications.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 5:04 am

Hi Amanda, for hair loss typical of Androgenic Alopecia (male and female-pattern baldness) we recommend; Men’s Balance (2 daily) to help balance hormones that can be associated with female and male-pattern baldness. This formula contains Saw Palmetto so it would not be necessary to take an additional supplement. We recommend combining the Men’s Balance with Hair Tonic (2 capsule twice daily) to promote healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails (1 tablet daily after food) providing nutrients to nourish and strengthen the hair.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 5:33 am

Hi Jules, yes the Hair Tonic and the Hair, Skin & Nails are both fine to take if you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Some people with sensitive stomachs find supplements are better with food than on an empty stomach.You may also benefit from our Irritable Bowel Syndrome product.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 5:50 am

Hi Sam, The Hair Tonic works on nourishing the blood and revitalising live hair follicles. Provided your hair follicles are still alive, the Hair Tonic should be of benefit.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 6:05 am

Hi Biz, the Hair Tonic will certainly provide benefit and it is our primary product recommendation, we do however recommend companioning it with just 1 Hair, Skin & Nails tablet for maximum benefit. Hair, Skin & Nails is a nutritional companion to Hair tonic, it feeds the hair follicles the necessary nutrients to support healthy hair and condition.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 6:07 am

Hi Jamie, For hair loss typical of male-pattern baldness we recommend; Men’s Balance (2 daily) to help balance male hormones that can be associated with male-pattern baldness, Hair Tonic (2 capsule twice daily) to promote healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails (1 tablet daily after food) providing nutrients to nourish and strengthen the hair.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 6:12 am

Hi Niki, Hair Tonic promotes growth, so will also encourage the length of the hair.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Hi Nick, It is not a probelm for you to take the Fusion Hair Tonic with Regaine. We recommend to take 4 capsules daily (2 morning & 2 evening) of the Hair Tonic, in addition to the Fusion Hair, Skin & Nails (1 per day).Please contact us if you need any more information.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Hi Mark, Visible improvement may take 2-4 months depending on the degree of hair loss or condition of the hair. Taking progress photos every month is a good way to assess the changes. Once you are happy with how your hair is looking you can then move down to a maintenance dose (2 per day). Please contact us if you need any more information.

Posted October 22, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Hi Luke, Thanks for your comment. We recommend you contact us for personalised advice regarding your condition. Just follow the link and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Posted October 23, 2013 at 12:03 am

Hi Vilma, Thanks for your enquiry. It is not a problem for you to colour your hair whilst taking the Fusion Hair Tonic. You can contact us for personalised advice if you need more information.

• S.A
    Posted October 27, 2013 at 10:29 am

hi, i have been loosing my hair since i was 10 years old for reasons i don’t know, i am 20 now and my hair is still falling, i have used some hair treatment products but had no results, would any of your treatments benefit my case or are they used for specific medical conditions, if they would benefit me what would you recommend, and if successful would i have to use the treatment for my whole life or when do i stop ?, Last thing is i’m in Dubai so how could i get this treatment if useful and know the prices, thanks in advance

Posted October 28, 2013 at 3:50 am

Hi S.A, thanks for your comment. Hair Tonic and Hair Skin & Nails would be appropriate, you don’t need to have a specific medical condition to use them. Hair Tonic promotes healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails provides the essential nutrients to nourish and strengthen hair. We recommend starting on the therapeutic dose of Hair Tonic 2 capsules twice daily (total 4 daily), and one Hair, Skin & Nails tablet after food. You don’t have to be on the products forever, but many people find they get benefit from a maintenance dose, so choose to stay on 1 or 2 capsules ongoing. The products are available from the Fusion Health website, all the prices are listed there too (and postage overseas will be added at the end of the transaction).

• JD
    Posted November 2, 2013 at 2:43 am

Hi, I’ve been losing hair for two years now, it’s not noticeable but it’s thinned out. I’ve started taking hair tonic and hair, skin and nails, I’ve also got stress and anxiety and energy supplements. Would it be alright to take them all at the same time or wait for a few hours in between?
    Thanks

Posted November 5, 2013 at 12:55 am

Hi JD, you can take the Stress & Anxiety tablets at the same time as Hair Tonic. Keep in mind Hair Tonic and Stress & Anxiety are ideally taken half an hour before meals and the Hair, Skin & Nails is best taken after food.

• A.B
    Posted November 6, 2013 at 3:57 pm

hi ive been taking hair tonic and hair skin nails for about a month now and have seen no results so im still shaving my head beacause im receding and loosing my hair on top. will shaving my head with a shaver prevent it from growing back?

• Grace
    Posted November 8, 2013 at 2:09 am

Hi, I would like to know, will the Fusion hair, Skin and nail tablets and hair tonic help me as I am a long time sufferer of Trichotillomania (started at age 12 now 46). It has gotten better over the years but now the hair I have grows back course and very few and white. It has taken 10 yrs to grow some hair back. I found my hair grew quite a bit in pregnancy but after a year fell out and grows back white. Could you let me know what is the best possible way as I have just bought the Hair,skin & nails tablets as well as your hair tonic.

Posted November 8, 2013 at 4:40 am

Hi Grace, thank you for your comment. Hair Tonic combined with the Hair, Skin & Nails are appropriate products for you. Hair Tonic promotes healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails provides the essential nutrients to nourish and strengthen hair. We recommend starting on the therapeutic dose of Hair Tonic 2 capsules twice daily (total 4 daily), and one Hair, Skin & Nails tablet after food. Hair Tonic also supports healthy hair colour, however you can get added benefits from including Kidney Tonic (2 tablets daily) which further supports natural colour. Kidney Tonic also supports adrenal health and the stress response. The best time to take Kidney Tonic is ideally between 5-7pm which is ‘Kidney time’on the Chinese organ-meridian clock. Please let us know of your progress Grace.

• Will
    Posted November 11, 2013 at 10:35 am

Hello, Im a 39 year old male. I have male pattern baldness that happen shortly after college (seems to be inherited, both father and grandfather both had same issue). Aside from male pattern baldness approx 4 years ago I noticed a small patch of my beard fell out (baby smooth) Since then several small 2 to 3 inch patches of hair all over my body (legs, chest, arms)has also fell out. Currently approx 90 percent of all my beard facial hair also my top set of left side eyelashes and now half of my left eyebrow.The funny thing is with the exception of these patches on my body and beard, eyelash, eyebrow my remander hair still grows quite long and regular. Would Fusion hair tonic regrow my hair or would you suggest a combination of products?

Posted November 11, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Hi Will, thanks for your comment. The Hair Tonic would be appropriate for you, however I recommend combining it with Men’s Balance (2 daily) to help balance male hormones that can be associated with male-pattern baldness. we recommend Hair Tonic (2 capsule twice daily, total 4 daily) to promote healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails (1 tablet daily after food) providing the nutrients to nourish and strengthen the hair. Let us know how you go Will.

• graham
    Posted November 17, 2013 at 4:30 am

Hi I am a 51 year old male and I have been bald for aprox 25 years.
    I went to a health store in WA and was advised to take the Hair tonic 2 tabs twice daily and to take mens hair balance 2f tabs twice daily.
    I have taken the hair tonic for 4 weeks and I have just started taking the mens balance.
    I can now see hundreds of little white hair on most of my scalp which I believe is new hair although very tiny to see.
    My question is what should I see at the next stage, this will help me to keep motivated as I await full treatment which your website advise 2 to 4 months.
    Regards
    Graham
    WA

• Salah
    Posted November 18, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I’m 23 years old and I’m suffering from hair loss and I don’t know what you would advise for me, now im taking green tea tablets before my breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus I drink caffeine products like pre-workout

Posted November 19, 2013 at 1:10 am

Hi Graham, thank you for your comment, we love to get feedback. Tiny white hairs are the first sign your hair is growing. Some people notice this first growth has a ‘downy’ appearance which starts to gain strength and structure as it grows. You can expect the hair to continue to grow, giving the appearance of thickening hair as it becomes longer. You might want to take photos of your scalp very month to monitor the progress. Looking forward to your next update!

Posted November 19, 2013 at 1:14 am

Hi Salah, Hair Tonic and Hair Skin & Nails would be appropriate for you. Hair Tonic promotes healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails provides the essential nutrients to nourish and strengthen hair. We recommend starting on the therapeutic dose of Hair Tonic 2 capsules twice daily (total 4 daily), and one Hair, Skin & Nails tablet after food. These products are fine to take with Green Tea tablets and pre-workout products.

• Cindy
    Posted November 29, 2013 at 12:18 pm

My hair thinned out terribly when I had a hysterectomy which put into menopause eight years ago. I saw information regarding hair tonic on TV so I started using it. Within a few days of using two capsules a day I developed diarrhoea. Should I persevere or am I allergic to the ingredients and stop taking it.
    I would appreciate your advice as I miss my hair.

• Mel
    Posted November 30, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Hi..I am a female age of 35. Have been experiencing Hair loss for the past year or so..my hair has thinned out alot since.I have been using hair tonic
    with photofol with multivitamin along with biotin and B-complex & iron supplements for the past 2 weeks and have noticed I have an itchy scalp would that have anything to do with the supplements I’m taking or new regrowth? Thank you.

Posted December 3, 2013 at 12:37 am

Hi Cindy, thank you for your comment. This is certainly an unexpected response to the Hair Tonic. I recommend you contact us directly to asses your response and receive personal recommendations on how to comfortably go ahead with supporting your hair growth

Posted December 3, 2013 at 2:27 am

Hi Mel, thank you for comment. I don’t expect the Hair Tonic would be contributing to your itchy scalp, it actually contains a number of anti-inflammatory herbs which can help calm irritated skin. Some people however, do report a tingly sensation as new hair grows, so it’s possible the itching is related to hair growth. Feel free to contact us If the itching concerns you or see a healthcare practitioner. Also – we recommend companioning Hair Tonic with Hair, Skin & Nails for vitamin and mineral needs specific to hair health (it includes B vitamins and biotin).

• Rach
    Posted December 3, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Hi I just bought the Hair Tonic and Hair, Skin & Nails but a little reluctant to take as my friend has informed me that this will cause additional hair to grow everywhere not just my scalp is this the case or is it specially formulated for scalp hair growth only, thanks

Posted December 3, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Hi Rach, the Hair Tonic promotes hair growth from all hair follicles. Whilst it does not distinguish the location of follicles, it will not promote abnormal hair grow where it has not grown before.

• biz
    Posted December 19, 2013 at 10:57 am

Hi ive been using hair tonic and hair skin and nails for about 2 months now but have not seen any progress am I doing anything wrong? Or maybe it doesnt work on me ?

Posted December 20, 2013 at 4:59 am

Hi Biz, ensure you are taking 2 tablets twice daily of the Hair Tonic and 1 of the Hair, Skin & Nails. Most people get results within 2-3 months, however some people need to take the products longer. You can also contact us here for personalised advice.

• Ally
    Posted December 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Hi I have just started taking the hair tonic for my androgenic alopecia and have read through the comments above to see that I should also take hair, skin and nails and the men’s supplement. My question is do you think these supplements will also assist with my acne which is very androgen driven? Or would you suggest something else as well?

• melissa
    Posted December 26, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Is it safe to take while pregnant. My hair had been thinning for the past five years. On my third pregnancy.

• Johnny
    Posted December 27, 2013 at 7:40 am

G’day naturopath,
    I’ve been using hair tonic for almost two months now, I was feeling very confident up until last week as I could see my hair was appearing thicker up top as I cut it shorter on the sides. Today I noticed it was very thin up there and was very easy to see my scalp. I noticed this week there was a feeling of numbness and a tingly sensation and it gave me more confidence that hair tonic was working, that confidence has been reversed with me thinking that feeling was my hair actually falling out. Is there any reassurance that this feeling is normal? It’s been two months and it says 2-4 months there will be visible results.

• Seamus
    Posted December 29, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I used to take propecia with rogaine in it worked well on me. Had full thick hair, and was pleased with the results. I’m now back to the same problem I had before, will your products I’m taking help get it back to the way it was? Full thick hair? I know my scalp has the potential for treatments to work. Do u think fusion products work better than propecia?

• Tazzy
    Posted December 30, 2013 at 2:49 am

Can you buy the Fusion Health hair tonic and the Fusion Health hair skin and nails from any shop over the counter, and if so what shops?

Posted January 7, 2014 at 6:01 am

Hi Melissa, thanks for your comment. We don’t recommend using the Hair Tonic during pregnancy.

Posted January 7, 2014 at 6:02 am

Hi Tazzy, yes you can purchase Hair Tonic over the counter from health food stores. Just follow the link to find stores in your area and enter your post code.

Posted January 8, 2014 at 1:42 am

Hi Seamus, we get great feedback from Hair Tonic for promoting hair growth. For hair loss typical of male-pattern baldness however, we recommend; Men’s Balance (2 daily) to help balance male hormones that can be associated with male-pattern baldness, Hair Tonic (2 capsule twice daily) to promote healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails (1 tablet daily after food) providing nutrients to nourish and strengthen the hair. We don’t claim our products work better than medications, or suggest using them instead of your medication, but they are a natural and effective option.

Posted January 8, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Hi Johnny, thank you for your comment. Apologies for our delayed response, we were closed over the Christmas break. That’s great you have received some benefit with Hair Tonic, at 2 months you may be at just the initial stages of visible results and further benefit is yet to be gained. Some people get full benefit after a few years on the products depending the extent and duration of their hair loss.

The Hair Tonic should not make your scalp feel numb, but we have had feedback that some people feel a tingling sensation. This is not causing the hair to fall out, but rather may indicate an increase in blood circulation and activity in the scalp. Results differ from person to person but generally 2-4 months is a good amount of time to receive benefit from the product. I suggest persisting with Hair Tonic (2 capsules twice daily) in combination with the nutritional companion Hair, Skin & Nails (1 tablet daily after food) providing nutrients to nourish and strengthen the hair. Let us know of your progress Johnny. You are welcome to complete our personalised health advice and we will provide advice according to your individual health needs.

Posted January 8, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Hi Ally, thanks for your comment. Including the Men’s Balance in your regime will help with acne caused by imbalances in androgen hormones (which is also associated with androgenic alopecia), it also contains zinc which is helpful for healing skin. You are welcome to complete our personal health advice questionnaire to provide us further details, and we will give you personalised recommendations.

• Lien
    Posted January 9, 2014 at 11:19 pm

I just started on the hair tonic and it’s been my second day. I only just read that the ingredient fallopia multiflora may harm liver in some people, so I googled it and found that this to be true. I’ve actually thinking of not taking anymore whether it’s too late or not. Can you please give me further information on this?

Posted January 10, 2014 at 2:26 am

Hi Lien, thanks for your comment, I hope the following answers your query.

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) of Australia, requires us by law to put this warning on our label as it contains the herb Fallopia multiflora which we use to make our Phytofol extract.

The recorded reactions to Fallopia multiflora affecting liver function were mostly using this herb as a single medicine in the form of tea, liquor made with the root, or ground root powder. These products also used the raw form of the herb and were manufactured in China.

We do a number of things differently to ensure product safety:

Our Fallopia multiflora root is a specially prepared extract called Phytofol, which delivers superior benefits to other herbal extracts of Fallopia multiflora. This process enhances the actions and reduces the potential for any adverse effects. We also use hydroethanolic extraction methods; this extracts the alcohol soluble constituents rather than water soluble ones (which were associated with the adverse reactions).

Hair Tonic contains many herbs (not just Fallopia multiflora) that work synergistically together to improve safety and effectiveness. A number of the herbs in Hair Tonic provide liver protective actions.

Fusion Health products are Australian owned and manufactured in Australia from imported ingredients. We test our products in Australia with strict Australian standards, at every stage of manufacturing to ensure safety, quality and purity of the Fusion range.

We recommend however, if you suspect you have a liver condition, you should consult a healthcare professional before using this product.

• Sar
    Posted January 11, 2014 at 5:14 am

I have PCOS and I am normal weight with no insulin resistance. However, I do have slightly raised androgens. I have read above that you suggest Mens Balance for lowering androgen levels. I am wondering will the ingredients in this supplment upset my hormones in any way? And what should I take aswell? I have hairloss and acne.

Posted January 14, 2014 at 1:11 am

Hi Sar, thank you for your comment. Men’s Balance helps balance androgen levels but Women’s Balance is more specific for supporting women with PCOS. We recommend Women’s Balance (2 tablets twice daily), if you need additional support for hair loss you can combine Hair Tonic (1 capsule twice daily) and Hair Skin & Nails (1 tablet daily after food). However, we do recommend a practitioner oversee your management of PCOS Sar.

• KB
    Posted January 20, 2014 at 1:00 am

Hi, I do not suffer from hair loss but my hair tends to grow very very slow! I am 22 years old and Iv’e had the same hair length since I was 15. My hair stops growing at a certain point so i assume my hair is dead so i cut maybe 1 inch off or more than it grows back to the same length. Will this product be suitable for me? I need a product that will help my hair grow faster.

• Joanne
    Posted January 20, 2014 at 7:12 am

Hi Naturopath. I am suffering from diffused hair loss mainly on crown and acne around the jawline. After blood work I was told I had above average testosterone. What products would you recommend for me to take to lower testosterone and to stop hair loss and acne? Thanks

Posted January 21, 2014 at 12:55 am

Hi KB, thanks for your comment. Yes, the Hair Tonic would be appropriate for you. Hair Tonic promotes hair volume and also supports the rate of hair growth. We recommend starting on the therapeutic dose of Hair Tonic 2 capsules twice daily (total 4 daily), and one Hair, Skin & Nails tablet after food, for the essential vitamins and minerals required for hair health.

Posted January 21, 2014 at 1:06 am

Hi Joanne, the type of hair loss you are describing is characteristic of female-pattern baldness. For this type of hair loss we recommend the follow;

Start on the therapeutic dose of Hair Tonic 2 capsules twice daily (total 4 daily).

Include Men’s Balance (2 daily) to help balance hormones that can be associated with female-pattern baldness. Both men and women can take Men’s Balance.

We also recommend combining the nutritional companion Hair, Skin & Nails (one tablet after food) providing the essential vitamins and minerals to strengthen and condition hair.

Let us know how you go Joanne

• KB
    Posted January 21, 2014 at 2:26 am

Thank you. How long must I take the tablets for? Am I able to take Fusion hair tonic tablets with Multi-vitamins and Folic Acid tablets?

Posted January 22, 2014 at 4:51 am

Hi KB, We recommend staying on this dose for at least 2-4 months before assessing how the formulas are working for you. Since your hair ordinarily grows very slowly it may take longer than this time to increase your hair growth. You can take the Hair Tonic with Multi Vitamins and Folic Acid. We recommend however, you use the Hair Skin & Nails (1 per daily with food) as your Multi Vitamin supplement, so you shouldn’t need to take an additional one. Feel free to complete our Personalised Health Advice if you need individualised recommendations.

• Paul
    Posted January 22, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Hi i am currently taking finasteride, can I take you hair tonic while on this medication ? May increase results. ?

Posted January 23, 2014 at 4:38 am

Hi Paul, thanks for your comment. We recommend you complete our Personal Health Advice for personalised advice regarding taking our products with your medication. Just follow the link and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

• amelia
    Posted January 26, 2014 at 6:46 am

HI
    i am quite worried that the hair tonic will affect my liver a lot?

Posted January 27, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Hi Amelia, thanks for your comment.

We do a number of things differently to ensure product safety:

• Claire
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 2:56 am

I have just started Hair tonic and multivitamins a week ago. I started with 2 capsules/day but decided to try 3 caps/day as I have a bad case of thinning hair. I opted for 3 as 1. Bad case of thin hair which causes me a lot of embarrassment and 2. I want to be a bit subtle with my liver as I am chronic inactive hep b. carrier. Am i doing the right dosage?

Posted January 29, 2014 at 4:44 am

Hi Claire, thank you for your comment. Please complete our personalised health advice to provide information regarding your current health condition, medical history and current medications so we can recommend the appropriate product for you.

Cease taking the Hair Tonic and we will respond with personalised recommendations with dosages for you as soon as we can.

• Nadene
    Posted February 13, 2014 at 11:14 am

Is Hair Tonic safe to use whilst also using Oroxine? Also, would Hair, Skin & Nails help with Vitiligo? Thanks Nadene

Posted February 14, 2014 at 12:15 am

Hi Nadene, thank you for your comment. The Hair, Skin & Nails won’t help with vitiligo. We recommend you complete our Personal Health Advice for personalised advice regarding taking our products with your medication. Just follow the link and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

• biz
    Posted February 17, 2014 at 6:47 am

Hi ive been taking hair tonic and hair skin and nails and mens balance for about 6 months now and have seen no difference with my hair growing back. The only thing that is happening is that im putting on weight which I think is from mens balance because that has testosterone in it. My hair isnt growing back so I keep shaving it because im embarrassed to walk around with a bald spot and a receding hair line. How can I get my hair back? If you could please help me that would be great

Posted February 19, 2014 at 12:46 am

Hi Biz, thank you for your comment. You have given the regimen a good amount of time. It would be helpful if you could contact us through our Personal Health Assessment so we can get a more complete picture of your hair loss, duration and supplement dosage and also assess if there are any other recommendations we can make. The Men’s Balance helps balance your body’s testosterone levels, it won’t make you put on weight. Looking forward to hearing from you Biz.

• Mary
    Posted February 25, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Hi,

I am 26 and I have diffuse hair thinning for the past 6 years. I have been taking hair tonic (twice daily so 4 in total) for nearly two months now. I am also taking the hair, skin and nails. I have not yet seen super great results? When should I expect to see some regrowth? I am mainly thinning on top near crown and on the sides.

Posted February 26, 2014 at 5:08 am

Hi Mary, thank you for your comment. We recommend staying on this regimen and dose for at least 2-4 months before assessing how the formulas are working for you. Some people get results sooner, others who have experienced hair loss for a long time find it can take longer to work. If you are thinning on the crown of your head, have a receding hair line and are experiencing hair loss typical of female pattern-balding you may want to consider including Men’s Balance (2 daily). This formula helps balance hormones that can be associated with female pattern-baldness, and is appropriate for both men and women to take. Let us know how you go Mary.

• Angela
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 12:20 am

Hi, I have had problems with hair thinning the last 10 years. I started a stressful job when I was 22, and my hair thinned due to stress ( I believe). It had overall thinning, but also mostly where I parted my hair at the front of my scalp. I went on the Pill, and within 1-4 years of being on the pill my hair strengthend and grew and was plentiful. Then, we decided to get pregnant, so I stopped the pill for one year and my hair thinned again, and went back to previous. When I got pregnant, my hair pickedup again, and was luscious and beautiful, but when I stopped breastfeeding it has gotten to a bad place again. My child is now 16 months old and it’s the worst its ever been. I am keen to try your products but want to know 1) Aside from the Hair Tonic and Hair, Skin and Nails – what other products work well with these, and 2- should I also keep taking my women’s multi vitamin in the morning as I have been? Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated.

• Chloe
    Posted March 6, 2014 at 3:51 am

Hi, my grandma is a herbalist and when I told her what I bought she asked how do the tablets know to thicken the hair on your head and no where else, or grow hair on other parts of my body? And is there any other side effects?

Posted March 9, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Hi Angela,
    Hair Tonic and Hair Skin & Nails would be appropriate for you. Hair Tonic promotes healthy hair growth and Hair, Skin & Nails provides the essential nutrients to nourish and strengthen hair. We recommend starting on the therapeutic dose of Hair Tonic 2 capsules twice daily (total 4 daily), and one Hair, Skin & Nails tablet after food. These two formulas should be sufficient to improve your hair growth and condition, however it may also be a good idea to get your iron levels checked as low iron can contribute to hair loss and is common in women who have been breastfeeding. If you find your levels are low you may want to consider the Fusion Iron Blood Tonic. The Hair, Skin & Nails is a formula specifically designed to nourish and strengthen hair, skin & nails, however if you are all ready taking a multi you maybe getting too much of certain nutrients by taking both. It would be best for you to finish taking your multi then move onto the Fusion Hair, Skin & Nails once finished.

Posted March 9, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Hi Chloe,
    The Fusion Hair Tonic nourishes and invigorates all hair follicles and can accelerate body hair growth if a person is genetically disposed to this i.e. some people are genetically hairier than others. Also, If you are taking the Fusion Health Hair Tonic then there is a possibility that hair removed by electrolysis or other hair removal methods may grow back. The Fusion Health Hair Tonic contains herbal extracts that nourish and invigorate the blood and replenish Kidney and liver energy to help reactivate the hair follicles.

From feedback we have received we are finding that some customers are getting hair growth where they had electrolysis or waxing to remove unwanted hair. Unfortunately the formula does not distinguish between body hair and head hair.

In regards to side effects, there are no adverse side effects to taking the Fusion Health Hair Tonic although you will find a warning on the bottle for the herb Fallopia multiflora. This warning applies only to people that have a serious pre-existing liver condition such as cirrhosis or hepatitis. The Fallopia multiflora root that we use in the Hair Tonic is a specially prepared extract called Phytofol, this is prepared in such a manner to enhance the tonic action and reduce any potential for adverse effects.

• Mike Hunt
    Posted March 29, 2014 at 3:14 am

Hello naturopath,
    I’ve been taking fusion hair tonic and hair skin and nails for three months now, I feel tingly feeling sometimes on my scalp, but no visible improvements yet.
    Do u have any pictures before and after available to show how well this products work? Surely ye would have some… I can’t find anything on the internet, just articles about how good they are from people who could be you for all we know.
    Regards

Posted March 30, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Hi Mike,
    You can see pictures on the Testimonial page of our website. We get very positive feed back from the Hair Tonic, we do need peoples permission to share their story and pictures, unfortunately not everyone is willing to have their photo on our website.
    The time frame differs for everyone, make sure you are taking the therapeutic dose of 4 per day of Hair Tonic (2 morning & 2 evening) and 1 per day of Hair, Skin & Nails. Thanks for your enquiry.

• Jen
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 1:48 am

I have read all the comments above and are a little confused now as to which products I should take. I have noticed my hair thinning quite a bit over the last two years. Others haven’t noticed and when I ask them to look my scalp they cannot see any thinning. So I am assuming I have been losing hair from all over my scalp rather than in a particular area. I notice that sometimes you suggest using Mens Balance for both males and females. When is this product of use? If it is for male and female pattern hair loss, how do you know if that is what you have? I also noticed a comment that low iron can cause problems with hair loss, should I be having a blood test to determine that before taking any products?

Posted April 9, 2014 at 1:58 am

Hi Jen, thanks for your comment. We recommend you contact us for personalised advice regarding your hair loss. Just follow the link and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

• Phil
    Posted April 22, 2014 at 7:35 am

Hi,

I am 40yr male, I have been bald on top for over 5 years.
    Can this product stimulate new growth?

King regards

Posted April 23, 2014 at 12:20 am

Hi Phil. Thank you for your comment. I believe that you could benefit from trying out our products. Please contact us for personalised advice regading your question so we can answer your in more detail with instructions on what to take and the dose. Thank you.

• shereen
    Posted May 7, 2014 at 6:55 pm

I have female pattern baldness. …will this help..I c u say take men’s balance to is that safe for women??

Posted May 9, 2014 at 3:18 am

Hi Shereen, thank you for your question. You can contact us on personalised advice link for more detailed information about your condition so we can give you correct advice on products and dosage.

• Kaili
    Posted May 15, 2014 at 3:19 am

Hi there,

Is Fusion Hair Tonic and Hair skin and Nails safe to take during pregnancy?

Thank you.

Posted May 16, 2014 at 1:28 am

Hi Kaili, Thank you for contacting us.We don’t recommend any of our herbal formulas during pregnancy.The Hair tonic and also Hair, skin ans nails formulas are not recommended during breastfeedeing either, but you could use a combination of Women’s balance and Multivitamin and mineral formula if you wanted to address hair loss after giving birth.

• Jess
    Posted May 23, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Hi there

My hair is quite thin and I’m looking to try this product to help my hair grow and thicken up a bit.
    Does your hair tonic provide this?

Thanks

Posted May 27, 2014 at 12:49 am

Hi Jess. Thank you for contacting us. The hair tonic is the formula to use for improving hair growth and hair quality. You can also contact us on the personalised advice form if you would like more detailed information. Thank you

• Hema
    Posted June 2, 2014 at 12:51 am

Hi,

I have had 4 capsules of your product hair tonic Phytofo (2 in morning and 2 in night) for 6 months now and cant see any hair improvement. I am 36 year old male…

Can you please advise, is it even worth continuing and wasting my money?

• Myee
    Posted June 15, 2014 at 10:27 am

Hi I’m 34
    I got dengue fever 3-4 months ago and about 1 month ago my hair started falling out. It used to be very long thick and healthy. It is now very thin and looks like it’s starting to recede. It is not at the point that people notice yet as I had so much hair before and I have cut it short but it is still falling out daily and rapidly. I’m not sure how much longer before there will be not much hair at all. Do you think this product will work? I take supplements daily to keep me healthy as my immune system is low from this and fighting epstien bar virus. But nothing I take seams to be helping with my hair. Thanks

Posted June 17, 2014 at 12:45 am

Hi Myee. Please contact us on personlaised advice form so we can give you correct recommendations.

• Cassie
    Posted June 20, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Hi, will my hair fall out again after stopping hair tonic after a year?

Posted June 27, 2014 at 2:34 am

Hi Cassie. Thank you for your comment. You can contact us on personalised advice form so we can give you more detailed answer and check for any underlying condition that could contribute to hair loss.

• Steve
    Posted June 28, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Ho I have type 1 diabetes and suffering hair loss .I have just started taking hair tonic and intend purchasing fusion’s men’s balance and hair skin and nails.I have been taking propecia for 4 weeks.Is this combination OK?

Posted July 1, 2014 at 1:35 am

Hi Steve. Can you please contact us on personalised advice form so we can give you more detailed answer to the usage of our products safely. Thank you.

• Jack
    Posted July 27, 2014 at 4:57 am

Hi,

I’m a 26 year old male with a frontal receding hairline, and I was considering taking this product. I am concerned about any possible decrease in testosterone levels, and any subsequent side effects, such as gynecomastia or decreased libido. Are there any such risks with this product (as you mention it can decrease DHT)?

Also, will this product initially cause me to shed more hair before the newer, thicker hairs come through?

Posted July 28, 2014 at 2:33 am

Hi Jack, thank you for your comment. Can you please contact us on the personalised advice form so we can give you more detailed answer to your question?

• shirin
    Posted August 19, 2014 at 3:48 am

hi can you please let us know about the side effects please? shirin

Posted August 19, 2014 at 3:54 am

Hi Shirin. There are no known side effects when taking the Fusion Hair tonic. It is not recommendded in certain medical conditions and during pregnancy and lactation. Please refer to personalised advice form if you’d like some more information about this product.

• Bernadette
    Posted August 21, 2014 at 12:14 am

I have PCOS and my hair has gotten extremely thin over the years. What supplement should i be taking? The Hair tonic, the women’s vitamin ?

Posted August 21, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Hi Bernadette. Thank you for your comment. Please contact us on our personalised advice form so we can give you more detailed advice about the right products for your condition and the correct dosage.

• Tom S
    Posted September 15, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Hi I am a 30 year old male and the sides of my forehead have been gradually receding over the years, and thought I would try and get onto the problem early. I have just started taking 2 Fusion Hair tonic tablets daily for the past 30 days. Shall I up the dosage? Secondly would you recommended anything else to maximise results? Thankyou

Posted September 16, 2014 at 1:40 am

Hi Tom. Thank you for your comment. We normally recommend to take 2 capsules of the Hair tonic twice daily for at least 2-4 months for best results. Additionally the Hair, skin and nails formulation is recommended at dose 1 tablet with breakfast.

• Joe
    Posted September 23, 2014 at 7:26 am

Hello, I’m a 36 year old male. I had hepatitis “A” when I was 17 and fully recovered from it. Would that be a problem to take Hair Tonic? Thanks.

Posted September 24, 2014 at 12:05 am

Hi Joe. Thank you for your comment. I would recommend to get your liver enzymes tested first before commencing with Hair tonic.

• Erin
    Posted October 9, 2014 at 11:07 am

Hi, I was wondering if both products are gluten free? I have had thinning hair weak hair for many years now (at least 10). My hair does grow but stops once it reaches approx 2cm in some spots. The sections that do grow longer, snap off when brushing regularly. Thanks.

Posted October 10, 2014 at 2:24 am

Hi Erin. Thank you for your comment. The Fusion health products are all gluten free including the Hair tonic and Hair, skin and nails formulas. If you would like some more information please contact us on the personalised advice form.

• Andy
    Posted October 12, 2014 at 12:24 am

Can I take this product if I use propecia?

Posted October 13, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Hi Andy. Thank you for your comment. There is no known interaction with taking the Hair tonic and the Propecia medication. We just recommend to take it at least 2 hours away from it. Recommended dosage of the Hair tonic is 2 capsules twice daily.

• Julie
    Posted October 21, 2014 at 3:44 am

Hi I am interested in these vitamins. i live about 140 km north of Toronto . We have a store nearby called Nutrition Plus. It would be great if they carried your product here in Canada. Any chance of that happening any time soon?Thank You.

Posted October 21, 2014 at 4:11 am

Hi Julie. Thank you for your comment. The Fusion Health products are currently available only in Australia, however you can order them online as we can ship out to Canada.

• Naima
    Posted October 21, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Hi,

I contacted you using the form provided on this site couple of days ago,but haven’t received any reply yet.I was wondering how long does it take to receive a reply? I’m a 26 yr old female. My hair is thinning since last few years but these days I am losing lots of hair everyday and they are thinning at a faster rate.Specially from crown.What would you recommend me?
    Thanks

Posted October 21, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Hi Naima. Thank you for your comment. The reply was sent to you on the 17/10. Please check your spam folder. We will re-send it again today.

• Neenah
    Posted October 22, 2014 at 4:13 am

Hello, I have been using Fusion Hair Tonic (with Phytofol) for almost 1 month now. And it has caused an itchy rash on my back and chest.
    I am a 30 year old female and have always been healthy.

Please help. Is this considered normal?

Posted October 22, 2014 at 4:20 am

Hi Neenah. Thank you for your comment. The rash you are describing is not normal.I would advise you to discontinue use for the time being. You can call us on 1800 550 103 to discuss this reaction further.