Supporting the cardiovascular system with every beat!
Our heart and blood vessels are responsible for carrying approximately 7200 litres of nutrient rich blood around our body every day. The cardiovascular system, also known as the circulatory system, is responsible for the transport of blood carrying nutrients and oxygen to every cell in our body. This hard working system can face challenges, especially as we age. Regular exercise in addition to a balanced diet and lifestyle plays a major role in keeping the heart and circulation strong. Certain nutrients and herbs can play a beneficial role in supporting and strengthening this system as we get older. At Fusion® Health we understand the pivotal importance of reinforcing healthy food and lifestyle choices and also recognise the role herbal medicine can play in supporting cardiovascular function to keep the blood pumping strong well into old age.
|Health concerns||Common symptoms|
|Blood pressure (general support)||Providing support for healthy cardiovascular function|
|Cardiovascular health (poor)||Cholesterol and heart challenges|
|Cholesterol (general support)||LDL:HDL cholesterol ratio, oxidative stress|
|Circulation (poor)||Cold hands and feet, tired/lack of energy, dizziness, dry skin, fluid retention, poor concentration, poor capillary health|
Here’s what Chinese medicine has to say about the cardiovascular system
- The Heart is regarded as the most important of the zang (solid) organs and is closely linked to spiritual and emotional activity.
- The Heart is believed to control all life processes and coordinates the activities of all the other internal organs.
- The Heart rules the blood and blood vessels. When the Heart Qi is strong and abundant it can be felt as a smooth strong pulse, if Heart Qi is weak then so too is the pulse.
- The Heart houses the Shen (spirit) and the Heart blood nourishes the brain, governing mental activities.
- Ginkgo - Provides cardioprotective actions, protects against oxidation of cholesterol , a risk factor for arterial damage, promotes cardiovascular health.
- Energy - Provides cerebrovascular tonification to support normal heart and circulatory health.
- Green Tea - Standardised to antioxidant catechins to enhance the body’s antioxidant defences helping to reduce oxidative stress.
- Revital 8 - A rich source of antioxidants to promote healthy ageing, support cardiovascular health and help maintain normal cholesterol levels in healthy people.
- Tienchi Ginseng - Helps to promote a healthy heart and normal blood flow.
- Magnesium Advanced Tablets; Magnesium Advanced Powder - with magnesium glycinate, a highly bioavailable form of magnesium to support cardiovascular health.
- OceanPure Fish Oil - Assists in supporting healthy HDL cholesterol and triglycerides. Promotes cardiovascular health.
- Turmeric - Supports a healthy cardiovascular system, may help maintain health blood cholesterol and lipid levels in normal people.
- Curcumin Advanced – Supports a healthy cardiovascular system, may help maintain healthy blood cholesterol and lipid levels in normal people.
- CoQ10 150mg– Antioxidant support for cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin C 1000mg - Vitamin C supports cardiovascular health and healthy blood vessels (capillaries, arteries and veins).
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional
Want personalised health advice?
Complete our online questionnaire and one of our Naturopaths will help advise you on the right Fusion® Health products for you.