Improve the flow of vital energy (Qi) to support healthy digestion
Most people think of the digestive system as only the stomach and intestines however this system comprises many organs including the liver, gallbladder and pancreas. In this modern world where so much of our food is processed, we are eating on the run and drinking one too many alcoholic beverages it’s no wonder digestive weakness and poor gastrointestinal and liver health are some of the most common health complaints we face.
The liver is the largest internal organ of the human body, performing over 500 different functions. Its primary function is to clear waste products, hormones, drugs and other toxic substances from the body. A healthy diet and lifestyle is imperative to the functioning of the liver and other digestive organs, however sometimes our diet and lifestyle can catch up with us and we may start to feel sluggish and out of balance. To maintain optimal health it is recommended to undertake a detox every 6-8 months.
At Fusion® Health we understand the importance of supporting the liver and the digestive system, both on a continual daily basis and periodically through a detox. We have formulated specific products that offer both broad therapeutic actions to nurture gastrointestinal function and provide optimal long term liver and digestive support, as well as short term detox support and solutions to refresh the digestive system and promote digestive health.
|Bloating, flatulence & bowel problems
||Symptoms include flatulence (intestinal gas) bloating and colicky pain
||Bowel movements that are infrequent and/or difficult to pass
||Providing support for detoxification
||Poor digestion and metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats resulting in bloating, flatulence, fullness and belching
|Irritable Bowel Syndrome
||Abdominal pain and discomfort, alternating bowel movements
||Pain in the chest stomach and/or abdomen that generally occurs after eating, can feel as though it is rising up the neck and throat. May be accompanied by burping, bloating and nausea
||Digestive symptoms may include indigestion, nausea, burping, bloating, flatulence, blood sugar imbalances or an inability to tolerate fatty foods. Other symptoms can include low energy levels, weight problems, hormonal imbalances, headaches and skin problems.
Here’s what Chinese medicine has to say about Digestion, Liver & Detoxification
- The energetic role of the Liver Organ Meridian (Liver) is to maintain the smooth flow of energy (Qi) and blood throughout the body.
- The Liver is thought to both regulate and store the circulating blood in the body.
- The Liver controls the tendons and ligaments, when the Liver has adequate blood and body fluids the tendons and ligaments are strong and allow the full range of flexion and extension.
- Chinese medicine defines digestion as a dynamic, synchronised process that separates vital energy (Qi) from the nutritional substance of food and beverages. This process depends on a fundamental energetic mechanism called the ‘Qi mechanism’, which is created by the natural tendency of Spleen Qi to rise; assimilating the Qi and nutrients from food and Stomach Qi to descend; moving the digesting food and waste material downward.
- Correct movement of Spleen and Stomach Qi acts as a dynamo for the transformative and transportative functions of digestion, as well as the movement and distribution of Qi throughout the body; disruption of this fundamental energetic mechanism is the cause of most digestive complaints e.g. nausea and vomiting due to ascending Stomach Qi, bloating due to constrained Stomach Qi, and constipation due to a failure of Stomach Qi to descend.
- The Liver (organ-meridian) governs the smooth flow of Qi to the Spleen and Stomach and consequently has a significant influence over the function of digestion (transformation and transportation) and the harmonious activity of the Spleen and Stomach (Qi mechanism); strong emotions disrupt the normal controlling cycle of the Liver leading to uneven distribution of Qi to the Spleen and Stomach disrupting the Qi mechanism and manifesting as indigestion.
- Traditionally, warming, bittersweet and tonifying herbs are combined to harmonise the Stomach and strengthen the Spleen (organ-meridian systems) to improve energy (Qi) and nutrient transformation and transportation, which is important for healthy digestion, assimilation and waste elimination.
- Milk Thistle - Supports healthy liver and gallbladder function, relieves indigestion, flatulence and bloating. Helps maintain bowel regularity.
- Constipation - Traditionally used to alleviate constipation related to sluggish bowel function and dry stools.
- Probiotic Advanced - Contains clinically tested HOWARU® strains. Promotes gastrointestinal health and benefits immune function.
- Kids' Probiotic Advanced - Promotes gastrointestinal health and benefits immune function in kids.
- Probiotic 8 - Contains clinically tested strains, no refrigeration needed. Suitable to be taken before and during overseas travel to help reduce the risk of travellers’ diarrhoea and relieve its symptoms, helps to promote gastrointestinal health.
- Liver Tonic - Supports healthy liver and gallbladder function. Promotes natural detoxification and elimination.
- Detox - To enhance detoxification by supporting eliminatory organs – liver, bowel, kidneys, lymphatic system and skin.
- Green Tea - Traditionally used to provide energy and promote detoxification.
- Revital 8 Antioxidant - A rich source of antioxidants to promote neutralisation of free radicals to enhance cellular detoxification
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Want personalised health advice?
Complete our online questionnaire and one of our Naturopaths will help advise you on the right Fusion® Health products for you.
Gall bladder function (general)
Find out more about digestion
Probiotics your questions answered
Where Wisdom Meets Immune Health
Where Wisdom Meets Healthy Digestion
Strengthen your kidneys
Energise your life
Watch our short Video
The Fusion Health Story
Fusion Health Energy