Strengthening the kidneys and supporting the bladder
The kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra form our body's urinary system, a very clever filtration system that helps excrete waste products from our body. This is its most well known function; however the urinary system is also responsible for electrolyte balance, some hormone production and plays a role in maintaining healthy blood pressure. Traditional Chinese medicine looks at this system a little differently. The Kidney organ-meridian is thought of as the battery of the body. This is where the body's “life force” or Jing is stored; the Kidney is considered to be the foundation for good health and optimal life expectancy. At Fusion® Health we look at this system from both a functional and traditional view point to help relieve health concerns such as cystitis and urinary frequency and complaints that encompass an energetic element such as fatigue and insomnia. We have embraced both the ancient energetic principles of traditional Chinese medicine and the clinical concepts of western herbal medicine, to help strengthen the kidneys and promote optimal health of the urinary system.
|Health concerns||Common symptoms|
|Bladder (poor tone)||Loss of muscular tone, poor bladder control, urinary frequency, urgency|
|Cystitis (acute and recurrent)||Low grade fever, burning and/or painful urination, yellowish turbid urine, lower back pain|
|Fluid retention||Swollen ankles/ fingers, joint stiffness, general puffiness|
|Kidney function (energetic stagnation, Qi deficiency)||Fluid retention, urinary frequency, fatigue/exhaustion, reduced sexual vitality, menstrual irregularity, menopause, andropause, night sweats, dizziness, tinnitus, soreness and weakness in the lower back and legs, lower backache, irritability, insomnia, poor eyesight|
|Urinary frequency||Frequent urination, urgency, incomplete bladder emptying|
|Bone, ligament and tendon (weakness)||Poor bone, ligament and muscle integrity|
Here's what Chinese medicine has to say about the Kidneys and Bladder
- In traditional Chinese medicine it is recognised as the ‘Kidney organ meridian' system which comprises the physical kidneys as well as the adrenal glands, ovaries, testes, the brain, spinal cord, the skeletal structure – especially the lumbar region, teeth, anus, urethra, and inner ear.
- The Kidney organ meridian system also includes fluids, tissues and hormones plus it is involved in regulating fluid balance, reproduction and growth.
- The Kidney (organ meridian system) is the reservoir for inherited Qi (energy) or Jing; Jing provides the energetic foundation for reproduction, development and maturation.
- Kidney energy (Jing) is progressively depleted with age and is particularly vulnerable to exhaustion from mid-life onwards due to overwork, a hard driven lifestyle, insufficient fluid intake, multiple pregnancies and chronic illness or stress.
Here's what we know
- Kidney Tonic - Strengthens and restores the Kidney organ-meridian system, and balances its regulating forces Yin and Yang. Relieves fluid retention, and supports healthy kidney function.
- Cystitis - Supports urinary and bladder health, provides symptomatic relief from urinary and bladder infections.
- Men's Balance - Helps to balance normal male hormone function to maintain prostate health, promote healthy sperm production and motility, and relieve symptoms of andropause.
- Menopause Free - Further strengthens and supports Kidney Yin and assists in the management of menopausal symptoms.
- Cranberry - helps to reduce the frequency of cystitis, supports urinary and bladder health.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Want personalised health advice?
Complete our online questionnaire and one of our Naturopaths will help advise you on the right Fusion® Health products for you.