Manage stress and improve sleep
Stress is a series of sensations we experience when under pressure, threatened in some way or overwhelmed. Not all stress is bad and can enhance our performance; such as the nervous tension felt before an important meeting, exam or sporting event. Stress can present with a wide range of symptoms and gradients of severity. While short term stress may aid performance, long term stress can lead to diminished productivity and sleep quality which can also impact long term health outcomes.
Insomnia and poor quality sleep can have dramatic effects on how you cope with stress and can negatively impact mental, emotional and physical health. Sleep allows the body to rejuvenate, and heal. Frequent waking, difficulty falling asleep and dream disturbed sleep can cause you to wake feeling unrefreshed, tired and irritable.
Lifestyle strategies to assist in the management of stress and sleep are incredibly important; exercise, relaxation techniques and a healthy diet all play a role in how well a body can cope with daily stressors and the quality of sleep we experience. There are times however the body requires additional support, such as the use of Tonics to promote healthy adrenal and nerve function, or botanical sedatives to help the body relax and switch off during times of stress to help you get the quality sleep you need. At Fusion® Health we understand that life can be stressful, and that when daily stress and lack of sleep builds up so can the need for some extra help.
||Constant worry, fatigue, sweating, mind racing, irritability
||Muscle tension, soreness and weakness
||Increased nerve sensitivity, stabbing pain, burning pain
||Difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep, mental chatter,
restlessness, frequent waking, dream disturbed sleep
||Poor quality sleep, restlessness and light sleep, dream disturbed sleep, frequent waking
||Muscle cramps and spasms, restless leg syndrome
||Menopause, night sweats, perspiration, flushing
||Mental tiredness, poor attention span, low energy
Here’s what Chinese medicine has to say about the Nervous System and Sleep
- In Chinese medicine, symptoms of stress are commonly associated with a disturbance in the flow of Shen or mind and spirit. Stabilising Shen, calming the mind and spirit and regulating the flow of Qi (energy) can help you respond to stress in a healthy way.
- In traditional Chinese medicine, insomnia and poor quality sleep are primarily due to a disturbance in the flow of Shen (mind and spirit). Shen regulates conscious awareness and settles in the Heart organ-meridian during sleep. Chinese medicine describes the Heart as the residence of Shen i.e. the organ-meridian system which channels Shen to the brain during our waking state and to which Shen returns during sleep.
- The cyclical movement of Shen between the brain and Heart is part of the body’s circadian rhythm.
- In traditional Chinese medicine, symptoms of stress and worry are commonly associated with a disturbance in the flow of Shen, which is strongly affected by physical stress, mental pressures and strong emotions.
- Stress & Anxiety - Calm your mind and spirit, relieve mild anxiety, nervousness and irritability.
- Magnesium Advanced, Magnesium Advanced Powder - Help relieve nervous tension and promote muscle relaxation.
- Sleep - Corrects the flow of Shen, calms the mind and spirit, and clears the senses to assist falling asleep and improve sleep quality.
- Stress B Multi Advanced - High strength B complex boosted with Green Tea to help relieve nervous tension and support healthy nervous system function.
- Energy Multi Advanced - A daily multivitamin with Chinese herbs to help the body achieve healthy energy levels every day.
- Kidney Tonic - Address symptoms of low Kidney organ-meridian energy including fatigue & exhaustion.
- Multi Vitamin & Mineral Advanced - An advanced vitamin and mineral formula with antioxidants.
- Astra 8 Immune Tonic - A Qi (energy) Tonic and adaptogen to increase resistance to stress and promote good health.
- Pain & Inflammation - Anti-inflammatory and analgesic, helps relieve the symptoms of arthritis, sciatica and gout.
- Menopause - Replenishes deficient Liver and Kidney organ-meridian energy, helps balance Yin and Yang to assist in the management of menopausal symptoms, including night sweats, hot flushes and perspiration.
- Women's Multi Advanced - A nutrient rich formula with therapeutic botanicals and optimal levels of essential vitamins and minerals, tailored specifically for the needs of Women. Supporting energy production, stress resistance, healthy ageing and reproductive health.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Want personalised health advice?
Complete our online questionnaire and a naturopath from our team will assist in finding the right Fusion® products for you.
Blood Sugar/Chronic Fatigue syndrome
Preconception Health (women)
Preconception Health (men)
Premenstrual Syndrome (men)
Post Viral Fatigue
Pain & Inflammation
To find out more about Stress, Sleep & the Nervous System click on these health articles
Strengthen your Kidneys
A Holistic Approach
Where Wisdom Meets Women's HealthWhat are you made of
Watch our short Video
Fusion Health Kidney Tonic
Where Wisdom Meets Stress Relief
Listen to our Podcast
Healthy Living Podcast - Overcoming Stress and Anxiety