Kidney-boosting black rice porridge
- ¾ cup black rice
- 400ml milk (your choice of coconut, dairy, soy, almond or oat milk)
- 300ml water
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 100g sweet white miso paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- Coconut yoghurt
- Black sesame seeds
- Place rice, milk, water, cardamom powder and vanilla essence into a medium saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in miso and honey, and place porridge into serving bowls.
- Top with mango, prunes and black sesame seeds, eat while warm.