Concerned that your hair is falling out, getting thinner, or losing condition? Or perhaps you're just fed up with having hair that's dry, dull, brittle or prone to split ends? While those who've never experienced hair problems might think these issues aren't worth worrying about, at Fusion® Health we understand exactly how you feel. We know that what you see when you look in the mirror each day has a big impact on your self-esteem and how comfortable you feel interacting with others socially and at work, home and school. Thousands of Australians have used our specialised herbal and nutritional supplements to support the health of their hair, sometimes with dramatic and even life-changing results.
Our approach to healthy hair combines the ancient wisdom of Chinese medicine with the modern science of nutritional and herbal medicine, and works in three ways:
- Our exclusive, proprietary ingredient Phytofol® (made from the Chinese herb Fallopia multiflora) helps regenerate and revitalise resting hair follicles to increase the number of hairs in the growth phase of the hair growth cycle. This therapeutic approach is at the heart of both our Hair Tonic and Hair, Skin & Nails formulas
- Other time-tested botanical medicines in Hair Tonic (such as dong quai, white peony and rehmannia) help improve blood flow to the scalp and nourish hair follicles to enhance hair growth
- The important vitamins and trace minerals in Hair, Skin & Nails (including silica, zinc and biotin) ensure your body has the nutrients required to maintain healthy hair
The traditional Chinese understanding of hair health
In Chinese medicine, the growth and development of the hair depends on the health of the Kidney and Liver organ-meridian systems, with Kidney Essence (Jing) influencing the growth of the hair, and Liver Blood providing nourishment to the scalp and hair follicles.
Deficiency of either Jing or Liver Blood may have detrimental effects on the hair, leading to issues such as dryness, brittleness, premature greying, and hair loss including male and female pattern baldness (sometimes called androgenic alopecia) and alopecia (including spot or patchy baldness).
The Hair Growth Cycle
Key Nutrients for healthy hair
The condition of your hair is often a reflection of your overall health and wellbeing, and in many instances, thinning or damaged hair can be an indication of poor nutritional status. Key nutrients to consider when addressing hair health include:
Silica forms part of the structure of the hair, and supports its strength and condition, so may be beneficial for brittle hair and split ends.
Zinc is essential for the actions of many enzymes involved in hair follicle function, and deficiency may cause alopecia (hair loss) and reduced hair pigmentation (among other symptoms).
People with alopecia and some other forms of hair loss (e.g. male pattern baldness) have reduced levels of the antioxidant enzymes glutathione peroxidase and superoxide dismutase (SOD), which require selenium, zinc, copper and manganese in order to function. Taking additional betacarotene and vitamin E may also be beneficial.
Some people affected by alopecia areata have low levels of biotin due to lack of the enzyme biotinidase. Taking biotin supplements may help to address this insufficiency.
Phytofol® - just the tonic for healthier hair
Fusion® Health hair products are formulated with Phytofol® a proprietary extract of an ancient herb (Fallopia multiflora) traditionally taken to replenish Kidney Essence (Jing), activate resting hair follicles, and nourish Liver Blood to support healthy hair, skin and nails. Modern research shows Phytofol® can increase the number of normal hair follicles in the growth (anagen) phase of the hair growth cycle (see diagram opposite) and increase hair follicle pigment (melanin). In turn, this can promote healthy hair growth, colour and condition.
Additionally, Phytofol® may reduce excess dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone that can cause hair follicles to shrink over time, resulting in shorter and shorter growth phases, which can lead to hair thinning and baldness in both men and women.
Hair Tonic with Phytofol®
Fusion Health Hair Tonic® combines traditional Chinese herbs with our exclusive, proprietary herbal extract Phytofol® to promote healthy hair growth and enhance the strength, volume and shine of your hair.
From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, Hair Tonic promotes hair growth by regenerating resting hair follicles and providing revitalising nourishment to the scalp and hair follicles, and may aid in the management of:
- Hair loss and general thinning of the hair, including receding hairlines, alopecia (spot baldness), and both male and female pattern baldness
- Hair loss associated with stress, age-related hormonal changes (including male and female pattern baldness) or poor general health
- Hair that is weak, brittle, dry or dull, or affected by split ends
- Premature greying of the hair
Use only as directed. Always read the label. If symptoms persist, consult a healthcare professional. * Visible results are possible within 2-4 months, but may vary depending on the original degree of hair loss, condition of the hair, and/or underlying cause of hair loss.
How Hair Tonic can Help
Hair, Skin & Nails with Silica and Phytofol®
Fusion® Health Hair, Skin & Nails has been specially formulated to enhance the clinical effects of our Hair Tonic by providing silica and other vital nutrients for healthy hair, including biotin and highly bioavailable forms of zinc and manganese. Along with Phytofol®, the vitamins and minerals in Hair, Skin & Nails promote healthy hair growth and enhance the strength, volume and shine of the hair to assist with:
- Thinning hair
- Hair that is weak, brittle, dry, dull or affected by split ends
- Premature greying
Hair, Skin & Nails may also help:
- Strengthen soft or brittle nails, and reduce nail breakage, chipping, splitting and flaking
- Improve the texture, firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Aid the management of dry skin and conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and mild to moderate acne
- Helps prevent free radical damage, which may be associated with premature skin ageing
Use only as directed. Always read the label. If symptoms persist, consult a healthcare professional.