Features and benefits
- Specially formulated to aid the management of allergic rhinitis (hayfever), dermatitis and mild hives (urticaria).
- Antihistamine action to reduce allergy symptoms
- May help to relieve allergic symptoms such as sneezing, watery nasal discharge, itchy and dry eyes, nose and throat, itchy and inflamed skin.
- Based on a traditional Chinese herbal formula known as Xiao Chai Hu Tang (or Minor Bupleurum Combination) that has been used to relieve allergy symptoms, address inflammation and support immunity for around 3000 years.
- Relieves symptoms of food allergies including nausea, digestive discomfort and reduced appetite.
- Also helps regulate the immune system and promotes healthy liver function.
- Suitable for use all year round by adults and children over 2 years.
- May be taken with allergy medication under the supervision of your healthcare professional.
How it works
Allergies such as dermatitis, hay fever and mild hives occur when your body treats a substance that would normally be harmless in the same way that it treats a disease-causing microbe: as a foreign invader that it must defend itself against.
When it detects an allergen (the substance that you’re allergic to), your immune system responds by forming antibodies (and in particular, specific immune cells called Immunoglobulin E or IgE). These in turn trigger the release of chemicals such as histamine, which result in the inflammation and other symptoms that typically characterise allergic reactions.
Fusion® Allergy contains a blend of Chinese herbal medicines based on a formula called Xiao Chai Hu Tang (or Minor Bupleurum Combination), which has traditionally been used to assist in the management of allergic symptoms. Fusion® Allergy should not replace urgent medical attention or essential drug therapy.
Developed around 3000 years ago, Xiao Chai Hu Tang is one of the most popular Chinese herbal medicine formulae in the world. Research supports that this ancient combination of Chinese herbs can reduce the body’s response to allergens through its antihistamine action, and as a result may aid the management of allergic conditions such as hayfever, dermatitis, mild urticaria and food allergies.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.