A tonic herbal laxative to address sluggish bowel function and promote regularity.
Features and benefits
- A synergistic blend of Chinese herbs traditionally used to relieve constipation and sluggish bowel function and promote healthy bowel movements.
- Increases peristalsis (the wave-like contractions of the intestinal tract that propel wastes through the bowel so they can be excreted) and reduces bowel transit time (the length of time wastes remain in the bowel prior to excretion).
- Formulated according to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to tone, moisten and lubricate the intestines and support normal bowel function.
- Provides additional support of bowel function by stimulating liver and gall bladder function and the flow of bile.
- For additional support of your bowel health, we recommend taking Fusion® Probiotic Advanced, which improves the frequency and characteristics of bowel movements and promotes healthy bowel transit time.
How it works
Do you experience the frustration and discomfort of constipation?
If so, you’re not alone; up to 30% of Australians are believed to experience some degree of constipation, with the likelihood of being affected increasing as you get older.
A fibre-rich diet, adequate intake of fluids and an active lifestyle form the basic foundations of regular, healthy bowel movements.
However, when you require additional support to help you go to the toilet, laxative herbs such as Rhubarb can be beneficial, triggering peristalsis and the propulsion of wastes through the intestine, and ultimately reducing bowel transit time and promoting a bowel movement.
From the perspective of TCM, constipation and dry stools may reflect excess Dryness in the body, so Fusion® Constipation also contains herbs like Trichosanthes, Rehmannia and Dong quai, which have traditionally been used to moisten and lubricate the intestines, enabling the bowel to open and regularity to be restored.
This formula also contains herbs traditionally used to address a constitutional tendency towards weak or sluggish bowel function, and in addition to acting as a tonic laxative, stimulates digestion, promotes bile flow and supports healthy liver function.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.