Natural relief from musculoskeletal aches and pains, including arthritis, headaches and period pain.
Features and benefits
- Specially formulated with herbs traditionally used to relieve a wide variety of musculoskeletal aches and pains, including symptoms of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, bursitis, tendonitis, sciatica and gout, and to aid the management of musculoskeletal inflammation, stiffness, swelling and weakness.
- Enhances joint mobility and connective tissue strength.
- Promotes the healing of sprains and strains.
- Also traditionally used to relieve migraines, headaches, and period pain (dysmenorrhoea).
- Contains standardised extracts of White Willow Bark and Boswellia, which have pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Also contains herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to alleviate pain and support musculoskeletal health.
How it works
The traditional use of Willow Bark for the relief of pain can be traced back to the time of Hippocrates. Modern science has confirmed its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, which are largely attributed to the presence in the herb of salicylate compounds such as salicin.
Similarly, Boswellia has a long history of use in the Ayurvedic tradition, and has pain relieving and anti-inflammatory effects. A recent clinical study comparing its effects to those of a placebo supplement suggests that Boswellia may work in part by raising the pain threshold and improving the ability to tolerate pain.
From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, painful and inflamed conditions are often attributed to disturbances in the flow of Qi (energy or vital force) and/or Blood throughout the body, and may also be due to excess Wind, Damp, Cold or Heat.
For example, according to this philosophy, arthritic pain and swelling are often regarded as being due to an excess of Dampness, which can impede the flow of Qi and lead to energetic obstructions that cause joint pain and stiffness and/or an excess of Wind, which may result in wandering pains that move from one joint to another.
In addition, painful conditions may sometimes be associated with an excess of Heat (as is seen in inflammation) or Cold (in which metabolic activity is deficient, as may be seen in some conditions associated with impaired circulation).
Fusion® Pain & Inflammation contains a synergistic blend of Chinese herbs traditionally used to disperse Wind-Damp, alleviate painful obstructions (for example in the joints, head or pelvic organs), aid the smooth flow of Qi, activate tissue repair and support the health of the bones and tendons.
This energetically balanced formula includes warming herbs such as Boswellia, Eucommia, Acanthopanax and Fang Feng (also known as Wind Protector) to help address conditions associated with excess Cold, and cooling herbs such as Willow Bark and Large-Leaf Gentian to clear excess Heat.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.