- 125g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once melted, turn off the heat and stir in the brown rice syrup and water.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, and stir in the rolled oats, coconut sugar and desiccated coconut. Mix until well combined.
- Add the butter, brown rice syrup and water to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Use your hands to roll tablespoon sized balls of mixture together until they form a firm ball, and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, spacing the balls approximately 3cm apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes for a chewy consistency, or 25 minutes for a crunchy consistency.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The biscuits will harden once cooled.