Cannellini, Cauliflower & Green Veggie Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 3 zucchinis, sliced
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 400g can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 bunch silverbeet, torn
- 1/2 bunch kale, torn
- 3 tablespoons each pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds for toasting
- Feta cheese to serve, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leek and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Add the garlic, cauliflower and zucchinis and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Add the cannellini beans, silverbeet and kale, and reduce to medium heat, stirring regularly until the silverbeet and the kale wilt. Reduce temperature to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let the soup cool slightly and, using a stick blender, blend the soup until smooth (or to your liking). Return to a low heat to reheat before serving, if need be.
- In a frying pan, place pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds, and cook over medium heat until golden brown, ensuring you stir very regularly.
- Serve the soup into bowls and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and toasted seeds.