Features and benefits
Fusion Cardio Tonic contains:
- Naturally sourced vitamin K2 (as vitaMK7®, also known as MK-7) to support the health of the cardiovascular system, including the arteries and blood vessels; vitaMK-7 is more readily utilised by the body than some other forms of vitamin K2 (such as MK-4)
- Herbs traditionally used to support heart health in traditional Chinese and/or Ayurvedic medicine
- Terminalia to act as a cardiac tonic (meaning that it’s used to strengthen the heart) based on use in traditional Ayurvedic medicine
- Dan shen and tienchi ginseng, which are traditionally considered to work synergistically; they’re often taken together to support healthy blood circulation in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Camphor tree, a natural source of the compound borneol, which is often combined with dan shen and tienchi ginseng in TCM
How it works
Fusion Cardio Tonic combines modern nutritional science and ancient herbal wisdom to support several aspects of heart and cardiovascular health, as detailed below.
Terminalia strengthens the heart
Fusion Cardio Tonic contains terminalia, which is used to strengthen the heart in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, where it’s traditionally considered to work by restoring vigour to the heart muscle and increasing the force of its contractions.
Dan shen and tienchi ginseng support healthy Blood circulation
Both Western medicine and TCM recognise that the heart is responsible for supplying blood to all the body’s tissues and organs. In TCM, the Heart is also traditionally believed to govern the blood and blood vessels, and to house the Mind and Spirit.
Dan shen has been used therapeutically for thousands of years in TCM, where it is taken to support heart health and nourish and strengthen the Heart Blood.
It’s traditionally believed to work synergistically with tienchi ginseng, so the two herbs are commonly used together, often alongside camphor tree, which is a natural source of the compound borneol.
The combination of dan shen and tienchi ginseng is traditionally used in TCM to support healthy blood circulation by invigorating the Blood, promoting its flow, and eliminating areas of Blood stasis (sluggish flow).
In addition, dan shen is also traditionally taken to calm the mind and soothe the spirit in TCM.
Vitamin K2 supports artery health
Fusion Cardio Tonic contains vitamin K2 to support cardiovascular system health, including helping to maintain artery and blood vessel health.
We use a naturally sourced form of vitamin K2 called vitaMK7® (or MK-7), which has been shown to be more readily usable by the body than some other forms of vitamin K2 (such as MK-4).