Features and benefits
- Contains a therapeutic dose of Tienchi Ginseng (1.5g) as TienGin™, our exclusive high potency standardised extract
- Traditionally used to help reduce bleeding (e.g. minor wounds, heavy menstrual flow) and resolve bruising and swelling associated with sprains, strains and other soft tissue injuries
- May aid exercise performance by enhancing stamina and endurance, and assisting post-exercise recovery
- Promotes a healthy heart and circulatory system, reduces the oxidation of LDL-cholesterol (‘bad’ cholesterol)
- Supports healthy weight management when taken alongside a balanced diet and regular exercise program
How it works
In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), the Blood is regarded as having the vital role of nourishing the muscles, tendons, bones, skin and organs, and keeping them moist and able to function. Disturbances in Blood flow can therefore cause or contribute to a wide variety of health problems.
Tienchi Ginseng has traditionally been regarded as being invigorating to the Blood, and is used to restore healthy circulation of Blood and Qi (life force energy) to tissues, muscles and organs affected by sluggish or congested Blood flow (sometimes referred to in TCM as Blood stasis or Blood stagnation).
For example, Tienchi Ginseng has traditionally been used to help relieve soft tissue injuries such as bruises, muscle pain, sprains and strains by addressing bleeding (including blood loss that occurs under the surface of the skin resulting in bruising), dispersing swelling, and reducing pain.
It has a similar dispersing effect on Blood stasis that affects the female reproductive system, and consequently has traditionally been taken to address heavy menstrual flow.
From the perspective of TCM, Blood stasis in the cardiovascular system may be associated with issues such as poor peripheral circulation (which may manifest as cold hands and feet).
Tienchi Ginseng promotes heart health and enhances the integrity of the blood vessels. It also has antioxidant properties.
Scientific research indicates that these heart- and blood vessel-protecting benefits of Tienchi Ginseng are due to the presence of specific medicinally active compounds called ginsenosides Rb1 and Rg1, and notoginsenoside R1. For that reason, Fusion® Health Tienchi Ginseng capsules are made using an exclusive, high potency extract of Tienchi Ginseng, called TienGin™, which is standardised for its content of these key compounds.
In addition to its actions on the circulation and Blood flow, Tienchi Ginseng can be used to enhance exercise performance and tolerance, improving, stamina and endurance when taken prior to a training session, and assisting with muscle recovery when taken afterwards.
When taken with regular exercise and a balanced diet, Tienchi Ginseng may also assist in healthy weight management.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.