Internal nourishment for hair growth
Rich, shiny hair is a direct reflection of well nourished internal cellular health. In contrast, thinning, frail, dry hair may be an indication that there is a lack of adequate nutritional stores. Healthy hair and scalp require adequate hydration, nourishment and circulation to the area. Alopecia, thinning hair and declining hair strength and volume are conditions that may have various causative factors and the discomfort and embarrassment felt by someone suffering from these conditions may be debilitating. Fusion® Health has developed a range of products using essential nutrients and the highest quality Chinese and western herbal medicines. These formulas have antioxidant, cleansing and circulatory stimulating actions to enliven dull hair, and help promote healthy hair growth, colour and condition. Stress, hormonal changes and other environmental factors can interrupt the natural hair growth cycle.
Find out more about the hair growth cycle. Chinese herbs can help promote the proportion of healthy hair follicles in the growing phase of the hair growth cycle by nourishing internal health. This also replenishes hair condition to minimise hair breaking and splitting as well as cultivating shiny hair. Feeding hair follicles with essential vitamins and minerals also promotes healthy hair condition.
|Health concerns||Common symptoms|
|Alopecia||Rapid hair loss, bald patches, receding hair line, autoimmune conditions|
|Hair Loss and Baldness||Crown baldness, hair falling, hair thinning, receding hair line|
|Hair Loss in Women||Female pattern hair loss, sudden hair loss, hair falling, hair thinning, receding hair line|
|Dandruff and Scalp Concerns||Dry, greasy, itchy, flaky|
|Damaged Hair||Brittle, damaged, dry, dull, lifeless, oily, split ends|
|Menopause||A natural change process that can bring a host of symptoms including hot flushes, night sweats, fatigue, depression and vaginal dryness. A small percentage of women may also experience hair loss due to these hormonal changes.|
Here’s what Chinese medicine has to say about Hair health
- Hair growth depends on the health of the Kidney and Liver organ-meridian systems.
- Healthy Liver Blood and Kidney Jing (energy) is vital to nourish and support hair growth.
- Poorly nourished and/or stagnant Blood starve the hair follicle.
- Kidney essence (Jing) influences growth of all body cells including the hair, while Liver blood nourishes the hair follicle.
- Premature greying is commonly due to the combined effects of deficient Liver Blood and Kidney Jing failing to nourish the hair and support normal follicular function.
- Hair Tonic - Invigorates Liver Blood and replenishes Kidney Jing to regenerate and revitalise the hair follicle with Phytofol® (a specially prepared extract of Fallopia multiflora) to promote your normal healthy hair growth-cycle.
- Hair, Skin & Nails - Promotes nail strength, growth and condition. Invigorates Liver Blood and replenishes Kidney Jing, with Phytofol® and silica, plus essential vitamins and minerals.
- Skin Tonic - Improves texture, revitalises and moisturises your skin from the inside by invigorating your Liver Blood and replenishing Kidney Jing. Cleanses and nourishes the Blood, and invigorates your circulation to promote healing. Assists in the relief of redness, itching, dryness and inflammation of the skin.
- Men's Balance - Supports healthy hormone balance to assist [male or female pattern baldness].
- Women's Balance - Assists in the management of hair loss by nourishing and invigorating the Blood and Qi.
- OceanPure Fish Oil – Assists in the management of dry, itchy skin conditions including dandruff. Supports scalp health.
- Blood Sugar – Improves stress resistance and helps improve mild anxiety
- Zinc Advanced - Supports normal testosterone levels, and helps inhibit the enzyme 5-alpha reductase which can be a cause of male pattern baldness
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Want personalised health advice?
Complete our online questionnaire and one of our Naturopaths will help advise you on the right Fusion® Health products for you.