Features and benefits
- High potency vitamin C plus zinc to support healthy immune system function
- Vitamin C and zinc may help to reduce the frequency of mild upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) like common colds and flu
- When URTIs like common cold and flu are present, taking vitamin C and zinc helps improve recovery times and decrease the duration of symptoms
- Includes elderflower, traditionally used to clear mucous congestion and help relieve symptoms of common cold and flu, hayfever and sinusitis in Western herbal medicine
- Combines three different forms of ascorbate (vitamin C) to be gentler on the stomach than ascorbic acid alone
- Contains zinc glycinate, which is more readily absorbed than some other forms of zinc
- Chewable vegan formula, suitable for adults and children aged 6 years and older
- Delicious elderberry flavour, naturally sweetened with monk fruit, xylitol and thaumatin
How it works
Each chewable tablet of Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced provides a total of 1000mg vitamin C from three different sources: ascorbic acid, calcium ascorbate and sodium ascorbate. By blending ascorbic acid with non-acidic forms of vitamin C, the formula is buffered to be gentler on the stomach than ascorbic acid alone.
Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced is boosted with zinc glycinate for additional immune system support. Zinc glycinate is a form of zinc that’s more readily available to the body than some other forms of zinc, such as zinc sulfate.
Vitamin C, zinc and immune system health
Both vitamin C and zinc are essential for the healthy functioning of the immune system.
Together, they may help reduce the frequency of mild URTIs like common cold and flu, and speed up the time it takes to recover from the symptoms.
Boosted with elderflower, traditionally used to relieve respiratory congestion
Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced also contains elderflower, which is traditionally regarded as having decongestant properties on respiratory mucus in Western herbal medicine.
Thanks to these decongestant effects, elderflower is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to help relieve symptoms of common colds and flu, sinusitis and hayfever.
For instance, its traditionally taken in Western herbal medicine to help manage common cold symptoms like a blocked or runny nose, sinus congestion, sore throat, cough and mild fever.
Antioxidant properties of vitamin C and zinc
As antioxidants, zinc and vitamin C protect the body’s cells from free radical damage, which may occur as a result of normal cellular metabolism or environmental exposure (e.g. pollution exposure).
Vitamin C also helps to regenerate vitamin E in the body after it has been depleted by its own free radical scavenging, further helping to support the body’s own antioxidant defence network.
Connective tissue support: skin, gums, blood vessels and more!
Vitamin C is required by the body for the manufacture of collagen, a form of connective tissue that helps form the healthy structure of the skin, blood vessels and gums.
Along with zinc, it helps maintain healthy skin and aid in the healing and repair of the skin (e.g. minor wounds) and connective tissue.
Vitamin C also supports the health of the blood vessels, from the large arteries and veins, right down to the tiniest of capillaries, and consequently supports cardiovascular health.
Other functions of vitamin C include helping to maintain the health of the gums and aiding in the absorption of iron.