Spiced Cauliflower Fritters
- 1 large cauliflower (without the leaves)
- ⅔ cup chickpea (besan) flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Coarsely grate the cauliflower and place in a bowl
- Place cumin and coriander seeds into a dry frypan over a medium heat. Stir regularly, until seeds start to brown and their aroma is released, then remove from heat.
- Place seeds into a mortar and pestle and grind to a powder.
- Add all ingredients (except oil) into the bowl with the cauliflower and mix well.
- Squeeze the mixture into small balls, and shallow fry in the oil until dark brown.
Makes enough for a feast!
Serve hot with your favourite salad, yoghurt dip or pickle.
TIP: Experiment with the quantity of spices according to your taste - kids may prefer them without the ginger and cayenne.