Winter Warming Porridge
- 1½ cups rolled oats (or any other rolled grain or cereal of your choosing)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3½ cups water or oat, almond or soy milk
- ½ apple, chopped
- ½ pear, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon LSA (ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Oat, almond or soy milk to serve
- Place oats, chia seeds, water or oat/almond/soy milk, apple, pear, cinnamon, sultanas, honey, ghee and vanilla essence into a medium sized pot and stir to mix.
- Bring to the boil on a high heat, then reduce temperature and cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, or until the fruit and oats are tender. Stir regularly.
- Mix in LSA and then serve porridge into bowls. Top with sunflower seeds, a sprinkling of cinnamon and oat/almond/soy milk.