Easy, adaptable turmeric paste
Have you tried our turmeric paste? This quick and easy recipe is incredibly adaptable. Use it to add some of the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and ginger to your daily diet. For starters, try using it in smoothies or golden milk (sometimes referred to as a turmeric latte), or pop some into curry, porridge or favourite salad dressing. You can even enjoy it on toast with butter or nut butter!
- ½ cup turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat, and whisk continually until the oil is melted. Ensure you do not heat too high or for too long - take off the stove as soon as everything is well combined to make sure you retain the benefits of the turmeric.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container and consume within 2 weeks.