Features and benefits
Fusion Cough Lung Tonic Liquid features:
- Elecampane and white horehound, which are traditionally used to relieve coughs in Western herbal medicine including chesty coughs associated with mild bronchial congestion
- Aster, used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for the relief of coughs associated with common colds and flu
- Chinese licorice and stemona, which are both traditionally used in TCM to ease coughs and support healthy lung function
- Pinellia, which is traditionally used to relieve coughs with mild bronchial congestion and clear mucus in TCM
- Also available as a capsule
How it works
Elecampane and white horehound: traditionally used to relieve mild bronchial coughs in Western herbal medicine
In Western herbal medicine, elecampane and white horehound are well-known expectorant herbs that are traditionally used for the relief of coughs, including those related to mild bronchial congestion.
Elecampane is also traditionally taken in Western herbal medicine for its decongestant actions, and is traditionally regarded as beneficial for dry, irritating bronchial coughs.
Aster: taken in traditional Chinese medicine for relief of coughs
In TCM, aster is traditionally utilised for the relief of coughs, including those that are symptoms of common colds and flu.
Chinese licorice and stemona: for traditional support of healthy lung function in Chinese medicine
Both Chinese licorice and stemona are traditionally taken to support the healthy function of the lungs and to relieve coughs in Chinese medicine.
In addition, Chinese licorice is traditionally regarded as having demulcent (soothing) and anti-inflammatory properties in TCM; it’s therefore traditionally taken to mucous congestion and to soothe the bronchial airways (for example when coughs are dry or irritating).
Pinella: traditionally used to clear mucus in TCM
Another herb traditionally used to relieve coughs in Chinese medicine is pinellia, which is traditionally used specifically for coughs caused by mild bronchial congestion as well as to clear mucus.
Fusion Cough Lung Tonic Liquid also features contains thyme oil, as well as the Chinese herbs houttuynia herb and balloonflower root.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.