Features and benefits
- Suitable for people who have difficulty falling asleep, wake easily during the night, or are disturbed by dreams or restlessness.
- Promotes deep, restful sleep without being habit-forming or causing daytime drowsiness.
- Includes herbs traditionally used to help relieve mild anxiety, nervous tension and irritability, especially when they are interfering with sleep.
- Formulated according to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to address sleeplessness and insomnia by calming the Shen (mind and spirit), nourishing the Heart organ-meridian system and clearing senses.
- Combines well with Fusion® Stress & Anxiety, particularly when stress and nervous symptoms interfere with sleep.
How it works
In TCM, insomnia and sleep problems are often attributed to a disturbance in the flow of Shen, an energetic force comprised of the mind and spirit.
Under normal circumstances, the Shen circulates between the brain (where it is responsible for our mental arousal during the day), and the Heart organ-meridian system (where it is replenished overnight and induces sleep).
When this cyclical flow of Shen becomes agitated or disturbed, the Circadian rhythms may also be disrupted, and as a result you may experience insomnia and poor sleep, often along with symptoms of stress, nervousness or restlessness. Unfortunately, being sleep deprived may further agitate Shen, exacerbating or perpetuating insomnia and associated symptoms.
Fusion® Sleep is a synergistic blend of Chinese and Western herbs including Zizyphus, Albizia and Passionflower. Together, these and the other herbs in our Sleep tablets calm the agitated Shen, bring peace to the mind and spirit, and clear the senses so you can drift off more easily, experience a more peaceful sleep, and wake feeling rested.
Several herbs in Fusion® Sleep have traditionally been regarded as having relaxing effects on the nervous system and so may be particularly beneficial for encouraging sleep in people experiencing mild anxiety, nervous tension and irritability.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.