Features and benefits
- Formulated according to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to support women’s reproductive health, regulate the menstrual cycle, relieve period pain (dysmenorrhoea) and aid the management of irregular, heavy or prolonged periods.
- Provides symptomatic relief from the physical and emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), including fatigue, breast tenderness, abdominal cramping, fluid retention, bloating, headaches, mild anxiety, irritability, tension, mood swings and cravings for sweets.
- May help reduce the frequency of migraines and help relieve their symptoms.
- For additional premenstrual support, Women’s Balance may be combined with Fusion® Vitex tablets, which help reduce the frequency and severity of premenstrual symptoms.
- To aid the management of flooding or heavy periods, we recommend combining Women’s Balance with Fusion® Tienchi Ginseng, which has traditionally been used to reduce heavy menstrual bleeding and restore the healthy flow of Blood and Qi.
How it works
Traditional Chinese herbalists regard the physiological changes that occur in a woman’s body each month as being governed by the functioning of both the Kidney organ-meridian system (which encompasses the reproductive system as well as the kidneys themselves) and the healthy circulation of Blood and Qi (life force) throughout the body.
According to this philosophy, women become predisposed to menstrual irregularities, premenstrual symptoms, period pain and/or heavy menstrual blood loss when the flow of Blood or Qi is disrupted, each woman experiences different symptoms according to the specific nature of the imbalances affecting her.
For example, many women who experience emotional symptoms such as mood swings or irritability, or physical symptoms such as breast tenderness are affected by Liver Qi stagnation. This type of imbalance commonly results from leading a sedentary or stressful lifestyle, having a poor diet, or experiencing extreme emotions (such as anger, frustration or mild anxiety). It causes the accumulation of Blood in the abdominal region and uterus, and may result in period pain and feelings of pelvic congestion, amongst other symptoms.
Other women may be affected by a deficiency of Kidney Yin and/or Spleen energy (perhaps due to overwork, stress or a poor diet), and consequently may experience symptoms such as fluid retention, bloating and lower back pain.
Fusion® Women’s Balance tablets contain a synergistic blend of herbs carefully combined to restore balance to the menstrual cycle. It includes Peony and Dong Quai, traditionally used to regulate menstruation and relieve congested Blood and constrained Qi, Bupleurum and Cyperus to disperse Liver Qi, and Rehmannia to nourish the Yin.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.